I thought I would add a little Irish flavor to my greeting as today is a very special day for those on the Emerald Isle. Today is the celebratory day of the lovely, green country of Ireland! St. Patrick’s Day is a favorite in a lot of the western world. It is not only the Irish who toast to Ireland’s patron saint on this day but parades go on in many major cities all over the world. If you are thinking about have a St. Patrick’s Day get together or even a big blow-out party, I found this great BBCFood article for you with some amazing and authentic Irish recipes.
Firstly, it is extremely important to make drinks a priority at your party, otherwise it won’t be genuinely Irish. Ireland does very well in both drink production and drink consumption. Three million pints of Guinness are brewed every day in Dublin. And the famous stout is an excellent pair with various foods; even chocolate. The original article even features 10 different Guinness cocktails including a combo of the stout and Champagne. Of course, you can’t forget the Irish whiskey which is very different than Scotch and Bourbon. The most popular of these is Jameson. Jameson can be added to creamy desserts. Nothing tastes better than Jameson-infused ice cream.
Check out the article here:
And take a look at these awesome recipes:
- Mussels steamed wider cider and bacon: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4823/mussels-steamed-with-cider-and-bacon
- Smoked Slamon and potato cakes: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5092/potato-cakes-with-smoked-salmon
- Irish soda bread: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1432/irish-soda-bread
- Slow-cooked Irish stew: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/slow-cooked-irish-stew
- Parsnip, potato, and St. Gall cheese gratin: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1779/parsnip-potato-and-st-gall-cheese-gratin
- Irish coddled pork with cider: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5575/irish-coddled-pork-with-cider
- Champ OR colcannon: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1665/champ AND https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2649/colcannon
- Irish apple tart: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1780/irish-apple-tart
- Guinness pudding: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4857/guinness-pudding-with-whisky-cream
- Boxty with bacon, eggs, and tomatoes: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/10422/boxty-with-bacon-eggs-and-tomatoes