Today’s market on Encinitas real estate is extremely competitive, with inventory down 43% from a year ago. To compete in the Encinitas real estate market you will need a skilled professional and a few helpful tips to help you land your Dream Home in Encinitas.
Realtor.com recently released their 5 Tips to Land Your Dream Home in 2013, which outlines what it takes in the competitive housing market to find and buy the home of your dreams. Here are the tips you need to follow to land your dream home.
- Thorough Preparation – The last thing you want in today’s market is to go out immediately, find the perfect home, and then find out that you can’t afford the home or get financing for it. The best thing that you can do is plan out your goals and affordability in advance. Determine why you are buying, what you are looking for in a home, and what the state of your finances are before you set out to buy a home.
- Look at What You Can Afford – Figure out how a mortgage payment will factor into your current expenses such as insurance, vehicle payments, and taxes and seriously consider going through the pre-qualification process for a home loan. Showing to a seller that you can afford the home you are after will help you be taken more seriously as a buyer, especially in a competitive market. Get your financial affairs as in order as you can and visit lenders. You may want to try using PreQual Plus where different lenders will tell you what they can offer.
- Begin the Search – Searching online for homes for sale can help you discover what you can expect in a given city or community. An online search can help you hone your expectations and requirements of a home and give you an idea of the types of homes for sale in Encinitas are in your price range.
- Find a Realtor – Many people have the misconception that an Encinitas Realtor merely helps you find a house and then makes the offer, and many now feel that they can perform those services on their own. Yes, you can do those things on your own, but your journey will be longer, more confusing, and you may miss out on even getting the offer on your dream home considered, let alone actually be able to purchase it. An Encinitas real estate agent will not only guide you through the property search, financing, negotiation, and transaction process, they will act as a trusted counselor and sounding board throughout, answering any questions you may have. The key is finding an Encinitas Realtor that you can trust, so make sure to do your research.
- Make Your Offer Attractive – If you have followed the first 4 steps then you should be fully capable of making an attractive offer. If there are multiple offers on your dream home in Encinitas, consider writing a letter to the seller. Your real estate agent will help you make sure your offer is attractive.