Finding and purchasing your ideal home for sale in Encinitas are processes that we have focused on here at the Encinitas Realtor blog, but what about when moving day comes, what do you do then? Here are some tips from an Encinitas real estate agent to help make your move less chaotic whether you have a few weeks or several days to move.
As with most things, getting a head start on packing and moving will make the entire process less stressful. If you are able to get started right away for a move in a few weeks then here are some tips:
- Start collecting and buying tape and boxes immediately. The amount of these items you will go through is almost always more than you first think.
- Make a commitment to pack two to three boxes a day. Have bags ready as you pack so that you can get set aside items you want to donate. Make sure to label your boxes and if you are concerned about being surrounded by all these boxes make a staging area somewhere in your home where you can put them all and not have them in your way.
- Have a box set aside that will be the last packed and first unpacked that includes items such as toiletries, cleaning supplies, and other necessary tools you may need.
If you have very short notice before you have to move, or if you have put it off and now find that you have very little time to prepare, don’t panic and just follow these tips.
- You will need help. Whether you are able to call your friends and family in to assist you or have to hire professionals.
- A good idea is to merely pack by room. Instead of packing by books or pictures, etc. pack items as best you can by kitchen, living room, bedroom, and so on.
- You may think that you can get more accomplished by making several trips over to your new Encinitas home before the big move, but it is far more time-efficient to get everything ready and save it for one trip.
For more tips you can learn how to move and keep your sanity from Rachel Meeks at Small Notebook.
Hopefully this will help you with your move into Encinitas houses no matter how long you have to make your move.