The North San Diego Association of Realtors (NSDAR) report for March 2015 was just released. It showed marked increases and healthy trends in several key categories, like median home price, units sold and average number of days on the market.
The report issues a North County and Full County summary. Some of the highlights are below. Before delving into the data, note that San Diego County is the fifth-most populous county in the nation, while the city of San Diego ranks as the eighth-most populous city in the U.S.
In 1900, the county’s population was just 35,090, but has grown to well over 3.2 million in 2015, almost 100 times the number of people who lived in the county 100 years ago! The area continues to grow at a rate of between 10 and 15 percent each decade.
Highlights from the NSDAR April Report:
North County Summary-
- The median price for all North County home sales attached and detached increased to $526,000 in March 2015, compared to $482,700 in February 2015.
- Median price for detached homes in North County jumped 10.37 percent to $617,500 in March 2015 compared to $559,500 reported in February 2015.
- Year-over median SFD price in North San Diego County jumped 11.06 percent compared to $556,000 reported in March 2014.
- The number of sold units in North San Diego County for March 2015 was 852 units, a jump of 34.81 percent compared to February 2015.
- Median days on market for North San Diego County SFD homes sold fell to 22 days in March, compared to 34 days in February 2015.
Full County Summary-
- The median price for a single-family detached (SFD) home in San Diego County increased 4 percent to $520,000 in March 2015, compared to $500,000 in February 2015.
- Year-over median SFD home price in San Diego County increased 5.69 percent compared to $492,000 reported in March 2014.
- The number of sold SFD units throughout San Diego County in March 2015 was 1,876, a jump of 33.33 percent compared to February 2015.
- Median days on market for SFD homes in March for San Diego Metro were 15 days, 18 days for South County, and 22 days for East County.
The NSDCAR website is located at www.nsdcar.com. The organization’s mission is, “to provide an environment conductive to the business success of its Members, with results providing a high value return on their membership investment.”