t’s almost time for Thanksgiving and I hope you are enjoying the holiday season! I have taken you through some of my favorite recipes for Thanksgiving dinner like deep fried turkey, sweet potato casserole, and most recently, my green bean casserole recipe. But now that we have dinner covered, today I want to provide everyone’s favorite desert after Thanksgiving dinner – Pumpkin Pie! What Thanksgiving dinner would be without a freshly homemade pumpkin pie. Whether you have a premade unbaked pie crust or you make your own homemade pie crust, this pumpkin pie recipe will surely taste better than any store bought pie! So after you run to the grocery store and get all the needed ingredients, grab your mixing bowl and get started on your delicious pumpkin pie.
For this pumpkin pie recipe, you are going to need:
- 15 oz Cooked Pumpkin either Cooked or Canned
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Ginger
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Unbaked Pie Crust
- Aluminum Foil
- Combine the Pumpkin, Milk, Eggs. Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg and Salt in a Mixing Bowl and Mix with a Large Spoon.
- Use a Mixer to get the Mixture more Consistent throughout, but it isn’t necessary if you don’t have a Mixer.
- Fill your Unbaked Pie Crust with the Pumpkin Pie Mixture as Evenly as Possible.
- Crumple Aluminum Foil and Gently Cover the Edges of your Pie Crust and Place a Final Piece of Aluminum Foil Covering the Entire Pie.
- Place your Pie in your Oven and Bake for 425 Degrees for 15 Minutes.
- Turn the Heat Down to 350 Degrees and Cook for Another 30 Minutes longer.
To test if the pie is done, take a butter knife and insert it into the pie about an inch or so away from the edge. If it comes out clean, then you have yourself a perfect pumpkin pie! Your guests over for dinner at your Encinitas house are going to love your freshly baked pumpkin pie, and don’t forget the whipped cream to put on top!