Everyone can agree that Mondays are hard. To prepare for Monday, a lot of folks try to get a bunch done on Sunday thinking that Monday will then be a little bit easier to cope with. But sometimes self-care is the proper way to make Mondays easier. If you can rejuvenate on Sunday, then you will likely feel more energized on Monday. I found a great article that compiles some of the things you can do on Sunday to take care of yourself before the week starts up again.
This list is not just about retail therapy or binging on junk food but actually doing things that will improve your physical and mental well-being. Self-care is about sensing what you really need in that moment and then doing that exact thing for yourself. If you can decompress and relax on Sunday, then your week will probably be more productive and less stressful. Pick a few of the items below and do them this Sunday and let me know how you feel on Monday. I bet it will make a difference.
- Take a long bath with a few drops of lavender essential oil in the tub
- Do a digital detox and read a book or a magazine instead
- Practice yoga or meditation
- Color in one of those popular adult color books to destress
- Go for a walk outside or a long bike ride
- Journal your thoughts and feelings
- Do some gardening
- Make an at-home spa night complete with candles, your favorite record, and a face mask
- Go to bed early
I really am serious about this challenge. Try it this Sunday and get back to me.
Here is the original article: http://www.hgtv.com/design-blog/how-to/selfcaresunday-ideas