With your home in Encinitas, there are many personal touches that you have done throughout to make it really feel like your home. This is the main reason why staging your home is important when you are trying to sell your home, because buyers should be able to picture themselves living in your house.
When your home is successfully staged, it will boost your home’s appeal and your chances of selling. The two rooms that you often need to stage the most are bedrooms and bathrooms.
Here are four tips to help you with staging your home in Encinitas so that you can boost the offers you receive.
Think as if You’re a Buyer
Staging your home can help you see your home with a new perspective and can help you when you move. What you want to do is correct anything that would be an eyesore to a buyer, such as peeling paint/wall paper or any aesthetic part of your home that may turn off a buyer.
Clearing out your household items and clutter will make the home feel open and more spacious. Also, packing your personal items away will also streamline a lot of the work you will have to do when moving out the very home you are selling.
Make Your Bedroom(s) Look Comfortable
A bedroom should be a place of peace and serenity. Try to stage your bedroom to express comfort and relaxation while also being spacious. Here are some tips for presenting your bedroom:
- Paint the room in soft, neutral tones
- Remove all furniture other than a bed, a dresser, and a few knickknacks
- Remove at least half of your wardrobe from your closest to make it seem larger
- Clear away clutter, shoes, reading material, and photos
- Invest in new linens and throw pillows
- Steam clean carpets, clean the windows, and dust the shades
Bathrooms Should Look Beautiful
Buyers don’t spend that much time in bathrooms (unless they need to use it), so make sure your bathrooms make a great first impression. They should be clean and somewhat modern. Here are some tips for staging your bathroom:
- Replace old bathroom fixtures, such as towel rods and faucets
- Layer towels on the rack, smaller towels over larger towels
- Pick luxurious-looking towels to match the bathroom’s color scheme
- Before an open house, but a bouquet of fresh flowers in the bathroom
- Get down to the nitty-gritty and clean the mold and dirt from tiles, grout, and shower doors
- Add spa-like accessories like candles, scented soups in a basket etc.
Give Your Home a Good Cleaning
If your home doesn’t scream cleanliness, then the buyer is going scream with fright. Buyers are going to try and imagine themselves living in your home, and they will have a very hard time picturing themselves living in a dirty home. Here are some tips to cleaning what you may not have thought about cleaning around you home:
- Get rid of lime stains left by hard water
- Remove mold and mildew from tiles and grout
- Clean all of your windows, both inside and out
- Steam clean the carpets
- Wash all linens and curtains
- Eliminate odors if you smoke or have pets
Hopefully these tips have helped you or sparked ideas about how you should prepare your home in Encinitas before selling it. Another good tip is to ask your realtor about how to stage your home