Everyone who puts their house on the market wants it to sell as quickly as possible. So many times it feels like it is completely out of your control but contrary to that belief there are a few basic things that you can do to make it sell a lot faster. There is a super handy page on HGTV’s website that gives 10 great quick-selling tips.
Here are a few of those tips to get your house sold quickly:
- Price it right. This means getting it accurately priced by an expert. You can also lower the price from its accurate price which would cause buyers to flock to your house and then soon you have buyers bidding way over the original accurate pricing.
- Declutter storage spaces. Keep your closets half empty because all buyers want as much storage space as possible.
- Light up your house as much as possible by getting brighter bulbs, more fixtures, or allowing more sunlight in. Make the house as bright and cheery as possible.
- Conceal signs of pets if you can. Not everyone loves pets and some people have allergies to them so it’s best if the food or litter can be hidden and the pet gone during showings.
- Depersonalize the house as much as possible. The more a buyer sees of your family pictures or personal items the harder it will be for them to picture themselves living there. Try to put all of that into storage so the buyer’s imagination can picture it as their own home.
- Have your house always be “show-ready” because you want to get as many showings as possible. That means keep the place in a constant state of selling-mode.
- The first impression that the buyers have is the most important. Step up your game on the curb appeal of your home so that when the buyer drives up they are automatically enticed. Also put some effort into your entry way by getting flowers or improving the décor. These first impressions can make all the difference how the buyer views the rest of the home.
Check out the full article here: http://www.hgtv.com/design/decorating/design-101/10-best-kept-secrets-for-selling-your-home