Thanksgiving is approaching and for those with homes in Encinitas it can mean a lot of work and preparation for the day. If you have children you will want to keep them occupied while you prepare your Encinitas home for family and friends. Luckily the weather in Encinitas is perfect park weather even in the winter months, meaning that your kids can have fun outside while you take care of the inside of your home.
There are a great deal of local parks in Encinitas that the kids can play at while you prepare and some of them include:
- Cottowood Creek Park – Located on Encinitas Boulevard, this park features many new accoutrements including swings, tot lots, as well as sand and water.
- Encinitas Viewpoint Park – This park is very close to the Encinitas Library and features a tot lot and is terrific for kids, especially since the library is in such close proximity.
- Moonlight Beach Park – There is a brand-new tot lot that overlooks the ocean and provides shade at this park.
Additionally there are a number of turkey trots in Encinitas that will be going on early Thanksgiving Day. A turkey trot will not only give you and your children something to participate in together but it will also help you feel a bit healthier before the gorging that occurs later in the day. Here are some of the 5K’s that will be going on near you:
- Father Joe’s 10th Anniversary Thanksgiving Day 5K – Starting at 7:45am this 5K will take place at the San Diego Museum of Man at Balboa Park (1350 El Prado). Make sure that you register before November 21st at thanksgivingrun.org. The race benefits Father Joe’s Villages, an organization that helps the homeless around San Diego.
- PureFitness United Run for the Hungry – Both a 5K and a 10K are being held at the Westfield Horton Plaza Shopping Center in Downtown San Diego at 8:15am and 7:10am respectively. The race will benefit the San Diego Food Bank and will cost between $17 and $38 depending on the race. Registration will end November 20th so visit unitedrunforthehungry.org to register.
As we get closer to Thanksgiving I will continue to provide helpful hints and tips for the holidays as an Encinitas Realtor, so keep checking back for more to come.