As an Encinitas Realtor I find that it is imperative to keep track of the state of homes for sale in Encinitas. Homes for sale in Encinitas have seen a significant increase in many areas for the months of September and October and here is the data from the NSDCAR HomeDex Report for October to prove it.
- The median price for homes in Encinitas and North County saw an increase of over 1% from August to September 2012, raising median prices from $405,000 to $410,000.
- Specifically for North County homes that are detached, an increase of over 5% was seen between August and September. Figures for September 2012 showed prices at $480,000 for detached homes compared to $456,000 in August.
- The countywide median price for single-family detached homes increased to $365,000 month-to-month from $359,000 in August, an increase of 1.67%.
- Inventory decreased precipitously for single-family detached homes in Encinitas as well as North San Diego. Both active and contingent listings declined 6.62% from August to September.
- Double-digits changes were seen in both the number of units sold month-to-month and year-over units sold of SFD housing. The number of sold North San Diego County SFD units dropped 22.77% in September compared to August, while year-over sold SFD units rose 13.68% compared to September 2011. Median days-on-market for a home for sale in Encinitas or in North County for September 2012 increased to 42 days compared to 40 days in August 2012.
If this news entices you to start looking for Encinitas homes or homes in San Diego County you can contact an Encinitas Realtor today and start looking for homes the smart way.